Montag, 4. Juni 2007

austria ironman 70.3










on saturday june, 2nd I raced the first edition of austria ironman 70.3 ! it was a great race with 605 athletes from 40 nations! the swim took place in two lakes with about 200 metres of running in between...nice idea! the though bike course throught the wachau was great and during the final half marathon run even a thunder storm and pouring rain can't stop the athletes...
I had a nice race, comfortable swim, strong bike and good run - this means 3. place in the womens pro field! the first austria ironman 70.3 was dominated by Charlotte Kolters (DEN) during the swim and bike discipline, but in the run Erika Csomor (HUN) made her way to the top and won the race, with myself in a solid 3. place
so this was my last race before ironman austria in five weeks and I think I'm on the right way...
so long
edith




Keine Kommentare: